Saturday, December 20, 2008

Birds are weird

Visited Hong Kong Park today. It's probably one of the most amazing parks I've ever seen. From spectacular fountains and miniature lakes filled with turtles and carp, to a conservatory full of plants from all over the world. The park even has it's own aviary. Both caged birds and an enclosed atrium filled with over 600 birds. I almost had a bird smash me in the head. The best part I suppose was when a flock of birds outside the enclosure was flying overhead. They seemed to rile up the birds inside the enclosure. It was like a scene out of Hitchcock's movie lol. Bird flying randomly everywhere. The noise was astonishing. Then the rucus died down and the birds were quiet again. Birds are weird lol.

After wandering about Hong Kong Park, we walked up (stupid hills and stairs) to the Hong Kong Botanical and Zoological Park. Again, the park is filled with amazing flora and fauna. Saw a lot more birds. Thankfully they were different than the birds in the Hong Kong Park aviary. Saw some monkeys and lemurs too. It was a bit disappointing though. We were at the zoo around twilight, bedtime for the monkeys. So, they weren't too active and I think some of them had actually retired for the evening. Although, the lemurs are nocturnal so they were already starting to stir. In fact, as we were wandering around the monkey cages, we heard a massive racket coming from the lemur cages. We rushed back up, but it was too late. Whatever fight had broken out was mostly finished. There was few lemurs chasing each other about, but nothing too exciting. Oh yeah, when we were passing by the other cage of lemurs, I had gotten out a protein bar to eat. The sound of crackling plastic packaging brought a lot of the ring-tailed lemurs over to the side of the cage were I was standing. I had a lot of lemurs eyeing me up lol. Good thing they were in the cage.

After the two parks, we headed back to Kowloon Tong to meet up with V's cousins and her brother. Her cousins wanted to see Madagascar 2. The movie theatre was at a mall called Festival Walk. If you've never been to a mall in HK, it's quite a site. Nothing like the malls in Vancouver. It's really hard to describe. You just have to experience it I think. Shopping in Hong Kong is like a gladiator's sport. The malls are the arenas in which the combatants battle to find the best merchandise. Anyway, if you haven't seen it, Madagascar 2 is quite a funny movie. Although, I wasn't expecting that much, so I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. The movie is worth seeing just for all of the stuff with the penguins and monkeys. Hmmmm...seems like my day was filled with birds and monkeys lol.

No comments: