Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Considering the inconsiderate

I'm not sure if people are becoming stupider or simply more inconsiderate. Take for example the woman at Lansdowne Station this morning.

Now, I'm sure that there is a vocation somewhere out there where the ability to walk slowly down a staircase while reading a novel and balancing a drink tray with two Tim Horton's coffee cups in it and rocking out on your iPod all at the same time, will make you an insane amount of money.

But perhaps you could refrain doing any of that during rush hour when your mad skills block a train load of people trying to get down the stairs, to go off to school or their jobs or whatever.

As a writer, I think your dedication to the written word is admirable. But seriously, please don't read and walk down stairs at the same time, let alone do it slowly while carrying a drink tray loaded with coffees and listening to your iPod, totally oblivious to the world around you.

Jerk.

No comments: