I got a phone call from V today. It seems she had a bit of a weird moment. But, let me back up a few weeks to where this store actually begins.
I don't know how many of you have had the opportunity to experience shopping in Hong Kong. I suspect that it's very few. But, rest assured, it's like a national past time there, like hockey is here. I'm not going to attempt to try to explain it to you. It's really something that you have to experience for yourself. Let me just say that it's very easy for spending to get out of control. On this past trip to Hong Kong, I found myself forever looking at shoes. I'm not quite sure why that is, but it happened. In fact, I got crap from V a lot, I mean a lot, because of my shoe shopping. Although, in the end, I only bought three pairs of shoes, although one was a pair of dress shoes...so I don't really count that one. :P
Anyways, one day we were heading out, I'm not exactly sure where, but as we were waiting for the elevator, we got to talking about shoes. We both commented that our current pair of every-day-knock-around running shoes had for all for intents and purposes died. And that was the start, the hunt for a new pair of runners. But, with that agreement, we both agreed that we would get rid of our old shoes. The deal was that I would throw away her old Nike shoes and she would throw out my very orange pair of New Balance shoes.
And so it happened, V found a super nice pair of Nike Air Max 360s, super cheap I might add, and I was able to score a pair of Nike Free 7.0s for a wicked deal too. The next day we carried out our shoe throwing out pact. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit sad to see my old shoes get tossed into the garbage. Those shoes served me well, they were like a friend, but more shoe like than a friend normally is. Anyways, the shoes were tossed and the new shoes took their place. I won't lie to you, the 7.0 are super comfy, in truth the New Balance shoes were dying...it was only a matter of time until they died. I'm glad they got a chance to die with dignity.
So, today V phoned me and told me that she had a weird morning. It seems she took the elevator with one of her neighbours. On the way out of the building, she noticed her neighbour's shoes. She was a little surprised when she noticed that her neighbour had the same shoes as she once did. So much so that she sped up to catch up to her neighbour to check out the shoes to confirm that those were in fact her shoes. They were indeed her shoes. It appears as though her neighbour fished her shoes, and possibly mine, out of the garbage. I can't really imagine what it feels like to see some one you don't know wearing your clothing, let alone wearing something that you threw away. It must be slightly weird and I can imagine that it's somewhat upsetting. It just goes to show you...someone else might be wearing your shoes as we speak.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment